Central Oahu Highlights
Send event items by fax to 585-6324 or email email@example.com. The next edition is May 22, and the deadline is May 15.
* WAIALUA ART Waialua Library hosts the annual exhibit of 30 artists from Waialua High and Intermediate now through May 16 on the theme “Exploring and Developing Artistic Ideas.” Teachers are Victoria Pescaia and Howard Farrant. Call 637-8286.
* KIPAPA SHOWCASE Kipapa Elementary School’s curriculum fair showcases student learning and achievements from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. May 7. Call 627-7318.
* PARK CLASSES Registration for Waialua complex summer programs (including Summer Fun) runs from 2 to 5 p.m. May 7 at Waialua District Park, Sunset Beach Rec Center, and Haleiwa and Alii beach parks. Waialua park also seeks adults for classes in basket weaving, sewing and recycled art. Call 637-9721.
* MOVIE NIGHT Mililani Library hosts Teen Movie Night at 5 p.m. May 8, screening Red Dawn (PG-13); teens also are encouraged to browse the library for young-adult novels and books with movie tie-ins. Call 627-7470.
* NIGHT TALES Wahiawa Library has launched a Thursday night Storytime for keiki ages 3 to 5, meeting at 6 p.m. May 9 and each Thursday throughout the summer with Mr. Matt to hear stories and enjoy family activities. Parents must ac-company their keiki. Call 622-6345.
* MEDICARE Senior Medicare Patrol performs six skits at 2 p.m. May 9 at Mililani Library illustrating ways to protect Medicare and Medicaid benefits, followed by discussion. The theme is “Help Save Medicare – Prevent Abuse, Fraud and Errors.” Call 627-7470.
* CAREGIVERS The Central Oahu Caregivers conduct a support group at 7 p.m. May 9 at Wahiawa General Hospital. Everyone is welcome. Call 623-6707.
* ROBOTICS LUAU The Waialua Robotics Team has its benefit luau from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. May 9 at Dole Plantation featuring Manoa DNA, a robot demonstration and silent auction. Call 637-8200. Proceeds help with travel costs to national tournaments.
* YARD CARE Wahiawa Botanical Garden has a class in basic yard care at 9 a.m. May 10. Call 621-5463.
* ORCHIDS Mililani Orchid Club has a Mother’s Day plant sale from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. May 11 at Mililani Mauka Elementary cafeteria, featuring a country store, pots and enhancers, bromeliads and plenty of orchids. Call 623-5870.
* WAIMEA HIKE The Hawaiian Trail & Mountain Club leads a 4-mile Waimea Valley hike at 8:30 a.m. May 11. Visit htmclub.org.
* WAHIAWA FLOAT The Sierra Club plans a Wahiawa Hills Float (floating one mile down Kaukonahua Stream) at 8 a.m. May 11, meeting first at Church of the Crossroads. Bring air mattress and waterproof bag. Call 538-6616 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* ROYAL PSYCHICS The Royal Hawaiian Band entertains at noon May 11 at Mililani Town Center during the center’s annual Psychic Fair, which runs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. May 11 and 12. Call 625-0108.
* MEETING DOGS Hawaii Dog Foundation has “meet and greet” sessions for its adoptable dogs from noon to 2 p.m. May 11 and 25 at Mililani Mauka Dog Park. Call 782-8387.
* POLO Hawaii Polo Club hosts a China v. Hawaii match at 2 p.m. May 12, and Wealth Strategy Partners v. Equus Hotel at 2 p.m. May 19 at Mokuleia polo field. Admission is $25, $10 or $8, with ages 12 and under admitted free. Gates open at 11 a.m. Call 226-0061.
* MAY DAY Hale Kula Elementary on Schofield Barracks invites the public to its May Day pageant, set for 9 a.m. May 15 on the theme “Children around the World.” Call 622-6380.
* DANCE TRIBUTE Mililani YWCA family fun night features a spring recital, Tribute to Dance, from 6 to 8 p.m. May 17 at Mililani Town Center, with classes in creative movement, jazz, ballet, tap, hiphop and hula. Call 625-1040.
* PINEAPPLE RUN Central Oahu Chief Petty Officer Association sponsors its 38th annual 10K Wahiawa Pineapple Run at 7 a.m. May 18, starting and ending at Kaala Elementary School, with a free pineapple for all runners. Email email@example.com or xall 223-9370.
* BOOK SALE The Friends of Waialua Library has its monthly book sale from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. May 18. Call 637-8286. * BOTBALL Hanalani Schools hosts the Botball Regional Competition from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. May 18 in Mililani. Call 625-0737.
* GARDEN CLASS Oahu Resource Conservation and Development Council and Pioneer HiBred host a gardening workshop on vegetables and herbs at 9 a.m. May 18 at Pioneer’s Kunia research site. Donation is $5. Call 622-9026.
* BLOOD DRIVES Hawaii Blood Bank has donor drives at Mililani Town Center (near Tesoro) from 7 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. May 18, 7-10:45 a.m. May 25, and 7 a.m.-12:45 p.m. May 27. 848-4770. * KANIKAPILA Waimea Valley hosts Kanikapila Sunday from 1 to 4 p.m. May 19 in a free jam session at the pavilion. Call 638-7766.
* NEIGHBORS Wahiawa-Whitmore Village Neigh-borhood Board meets at 7 p.m. May 20 at Wahiawa District Park, Mililani Mauka-Launani Valley meets at 7 p.m. May 21 at Mililani Mauka school, Mililani-Waipio-Melemanu meets at 7:30 p.m. May 22 at Mililani Rec Center III, and North Shore meets at 7 p.m. May 28 at Haleiwa Elementary cafeteria. Call 768-3710.
* MOON WALK Waimea Valley hosts its monthly Moon Walk at 7:30 p.m. May 24, from the ticket both to the waterfall and back. Fee is $5 per person. Call 638-7766.
* FOOTBALL Mililani Football Association seeks a volunteer head coach for the Junior PeeWee division of Pop Warner Football. The season starts Aug. 1. Call Tony at 756-3334.
* SOCCER The Mililani-based Fusion Soccer Club is practicing now for the HYSA season starting Sept. 1. The club seeks interested players born between Aug. 1, 2004 and July 31, 2005 (boys, 927-4351); between Aug. 1, 2001 and July 31, 2002 (girls, 864-2194) and between Aug. 1, 2000 and July 31, 2001 (864-9965).
* LANGUAGES Language Wonderland leads Saturday morning classes for keiki age 12 and younger in Japanese and Mandarin Chinese. Coming soon are French, Spanish and Russian. Fee is $165 for 10 classes. Call 1-760-477-3310 or visit language-wonder-land.com. A new session started May 4.
* STRIDERS The Leeward Stroller Strides group meets at 8:45 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursday at Central Oahu Regional Park, offering a fitness walk for moms and tots in strollers. Fee is $60 a month. A Schofield Barracks group meets at 8:45 a.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Call 398-6275.
* JAZZERCISE Kate Moore has low-impact Jazzercise classes at 6 and 7 p.m. Mondays at Mililani District Park; beginners welcome. She also leads Jazzercise at 6:15 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays at Mililani Rec Center 5. Call 621-2482.