Central Oahu Highlights
Send Central Oahu event events by fax to 585-6324 or email email@example.com. The next edition is April 24 and the deadline is April 17.
* FUMIGATION Mililani Library is closed April 9-12 for fumigation and tenting, and the book drop closed at 7:30 p.m. April 8. Renewals can be made at any library by calling 586-3652. The branch should reopen at 10 a.m. April 13.
* BLOOD DRIVE Hawaii Blood Bank has a donor drive from 7:30 a.m. to 2:15 p.m. April 10 at Wahiawa General Hospital. Call 848-4770.
* CAREGIVERS The Caregiver Foundation sponsors a support group at 7 p.m. April 11 at Wahiawa General Hospital. Call 625-3782.
* MOVIE NIGHT Sunset Beach Recreation Center screens the animated film Brave for Family Movie Night at 6 p.m. April 13. The North Shore Seniors entertain with Scottish dancing prior to the show. Call 638-7213.
* HTY PLAY Honolulu Theatre for Youth presents a 45-minute performance of Blue at 12:30 p.m. April 13 at Mililani Library, featuring a lesson in tolerance and understanding done with humor and whimsy. Call 627-7470.
* PSYCHICS Mililani Town Center hosts a Psychic Fair from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. April 13 and 14. Call 625-0108.
* MEET DOGS Hawaii Dog Foundation has “meet and greet” sessions with their adoptable dogs from noon to 2 p.m. April 13 and 27 at Mililani Mauka Dog Park. Call 782-8387.
* MARATHON The North Shore Marathon is set for 5:15 to 9:30 a.m. April 14 with about 800 runners following a route from Haleiwa Road through Waialua and ending at Alii Beach Park. Call Raul at 591-9839.
* POLO SEASON Hawaii Polo Club hosts competition for the Bourne Cup at 2 p.m. April 14 on Mokuleia field. The season opened April 7. Matches are scheduled each Sunday, with gates open at 11 a.m. for picnics. Admission is $10 for open seating, $25 for the clubhouse. Call 226-0061.
* OAHU PLAN Comments on the public review draft of the Oahu General Plan are accepted through April 15 by the city Department of Planning and Permitting. Visit dev.honoluludpp.org for further details or call 545-2055.
* NEIGHBORS Wahiawa-Whitmore Village meets at 7 p.m. April 15 at Wahiawa District Park, and Mililani MaukaLaunani Valley at 7 p.m. April 16 at Mililani Mauka Elementary. Call 768-3710.
* TI LEAVES Wahiawa Botanical Garden offers a class in ways to make ti leaf leis and ti roses at 12:30 p.m. April 16. Fee is $5. Call 522-7064.
* IRRIGATION Wahiawa Botanical Garden offers a free class in micro-irrigation of your plants at 9 a.m. April 19 with Erin Purple. Fee is $5. Call 522-7064.
* OPEN HOUSE The Friends of Wahiawa Library host an open house from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. April 20, featuring a guided tour and information on the group’s activities and services. Call 621-0043.
* SWAP MEET Waipio Shopping Center has its spring swap meet and craft fair from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 20 at 94-1040 Waipio Uka St. Vendors may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* BOOK SALE The Friends of Waialua Library have their monthly book sale from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. April 20 at the library. Call 637-8286.
* RUMMAGE Wahiawa United Methodist Church has a rummage sale and country store from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 20 with clothing, kitchenware, toys, books, homemade cookies, preserves, plants, baked goods and food. Call 623-5870.
* CALLIGRAPHY Mary Mineko Weite’s students display their art from her Wahiawa Adult School calligraphy and Sumi-e class through April 20 at Wahiawa Library. Call 621-5572.
* KANIKAPILA Waimea Valley’s Kanikapila is from 1 to 4 p.m. April 21 in the pavilion area; a luau runs from noon to 3 p.m. ($25 and $15). Call 638-7766.
* WORMS Ralph Rhoads reveals the benefits of composting worms at 6:30 p.m. April 22 at Mililani Library. Call 627-7470.