Central Oahu Highlights
Send Central Oahu items by fax to 585-6324 or email email@example.com. The next edition is March 27 and the deadline is March 20.
* CHORAL FEST The Mililani Complex Choral Festival is set for 6:30 p.m. March 12 at Mililani Town Center. Call 625-0108.
* CELTIC MUSIC Kahuku Library presents a free Celtic music concert by the Southwind Quintet at 6:30 p.m. March 12 as a special St. Patrick’s Day celebration. Call 293-8935.
* LIBRARY HOURS As of March 4, Wahiawa Library added Saturday to its operating hours, but it’s closed Sunday and Monday. Call 622-6345 for details.
* PLANT DOCTOR Wahiawa Botanical Garden presents The Plant Doctor, Erin Purple, at 9 a.m. March 15, offering free diagnoses of your ailing plants and sharing ways to grow health ones. Bring a photo or description of the sick plant. For reservations, call 522-7064.
* TOWN CENTER Mililani Town Center hosts YMCA Mililani Family Night at 6 p.m. March 15 and the Hope Chapel Choir at 5 p.m. March 22. Call 625-0108.
* CAR WASH Hanalani Schools Project Grad conducts a benefit car wash and swap meet from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 16 at 94-294 Anania Drive in Mililani. Cars cost $7 and trucks, vans and SUVs are $10. Customers also can browse the swap meet, recycling drive and food booths. (Vendor fee is $25 per space.) Call Cindy at 625-0737, ext. 122.
* BOOK SALE The Friends of Waialua Library has its monthly book sale from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 16 at the library. Call 637-8286.
* RODEO The Oahu High School Rodeo runs from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. March 16 at Kawailoa Ranch in Haleiwa, featuring barrel racing, bull riding, team roping, goat tying, food, free admission, free parking and much more. Call 216-7555.
* CRAFTS, PIG Liliuokalani Protestant Church has a kalua pig sale from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. March 16 and also hosts an artfest by the Handcrafters & Artisans Alliance. Price is $8 per container of kalua pig (cooked in the church imu). The church is located in Haleiwa across from Matsumoto Shave Ice. Call 637-9364.
* BLOOD DRIVES Hawaii Blood Bank has donor drives from 7 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. March 16 at Mililani Town Center, 7 to 11:45 a.m. March 22 at Monsanto Co. on Kunia Road, 8 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. March 23 at Haleiwa Town Center, and 7 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. March 30 at Mililani Town Center. Call 848-4770.
* KANIKAPILA Waimea Valley presents its free monthly Kanikapila from 1 to 4 p.m. March 17 in the pavilion area featuring the Abrigo family. Bring your own instrument, or just come and enjoy the music. A luau also is served at the park from noon to 3 p.m. for $25 and $15 per person, with reservations recommended. (Special park admission that day is $5 and $2.50 with kamaaina ID.) Call 638-7766.
* NEIGHBORS Wahiawa-Whitmore Village Neighborhood Board meets at 7 p.m. March 18 at Wahiawa District Park, Mililani Mauka-Launani Valley meets at 7 p.m. March 19 at Mililani Mauka Elementary, North Shore at 7 p.m. March 26 at Haleiwa Elementary cafeteria, and MililaniWaipio-Melemanu at 7:30 p.m. March 27 at Mililani Rec Center III. Call 768-3710.
* SAT CLASSES Test-Prep Hawaii teaches its spring break SAT classes from noon to 2 p.m. March 18-22 at Mililani High School. Fee is $150. Visit test-prephi.com.
* OSHIRO FORUM State Rep. Marcus Oshiro hosts a mid-session forum from 6 to 8:30 p.m. March 20 at Wahiawa District Park’s Hale Koa Room, including refreshments and discussion of issues before the Hawaii Legislature. Call 586-6700.
* MOON WALK Waimea Valley presents its monthly Moon Walk at 7:30 p.m. March 22. Fee is $5 per person. Call 638-7766.
* ORCHID SHOW Kunia Orchid Society has its 59th annual orchid show and plant sale, Hui Okika O Kunia, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. March 22 and 23 and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. March 24 at Leilehua High School gym. Plant sellers should register from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. March 21. Admission is $2. Call 623-8585.
* ABC CRAFTS Mililani High School hosts an ABC Craft Fair from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 23 in the school gym and parking lot, featuring about 110 booths.
* SPRING FEST Mililani Shopping Center celebrates spring from 10 a.m. to noon March 23 with a petting zoo, crafts, face-painting, games, prizes and photos with the Easter bunny. Call 753-7507.
* MEETING DOGS Hawaii Dog Foundation hosts a “meet and greet” session with its adoptable dogs from noon to 2 p.m. March 23 at Mililani Mauka Dog Park, 95-1069 Ukuwai St. Call 782-8387.
* ORCHID TALK Horticulturist Scot Mitamura discusses Hono Hono orchid growing from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. March 28 at Wahiawa Botanical Garden. Call 522-7064.
* ART WALK The monthly Haleiwa Art Walk runs from 5 to 9 p.m. March 30 in Haleiwa town, featuring sales, activities and events hosted by dozens of merchants. Call 637-4558.
* NONI FARM Comments are due by April 5 on a zone-change request (P-2 to AG-2) from Kealia Farms in Mokuleia to grow noni fruit and add farm dwellings to its property across from Dilllngham Airfield. Call Mike Watkins of the city Department of Planning and Permitting at 768-8044.
* HUNGRY LIONS The Wahiawa Lions Club plans its annual breakfast for April 21. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* FOOTBALL Mililani Football Association seeks a volunteer head coach now for the Pop Warner Football Mitey Mites. Call Tony at 756-3334.
* STRIDERS The Leeward Stroller Strides group meets at 8:45 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursday at Central Oahu Regional Park, offering a fitness walk for moms and tots in strollers. Fee is $60 a month. A Schofield Barracks group meets at 8:45 a.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Call 398-6275.
* JAZZERCISE Kate Moore leads low-impact, one-hour Jazzercise classes at 6 and 7 p.m. Mondays at Mililani District Park, and beginners are welcome. She also leads Jazzercise at 6:15 p.m. Tuesdays and Thurs-days at Mililani Rec Center 5. Call 621-2482.
* KEIKI COUNCIL The Central District North Community Children’s Council meets at 5:30 p.m. on the third Wednesday of the month in Mililani High School Room C101. All parents of children with special needs are welcome. Call 586-5363.
* COMPUTERS Free tutoring on computer basics is available at Wahiawa Library for seniors or anyone seeking help on using their personal computer. To arrange a time during library hours, call Clark at 622-2784 or email email@example.com.
* CONSERVATION The Oahu Army Natural Resource Program welcomes volunteers for service trips and environmental outreach in the Waianae and Koolau mountains to control invasive weeds and more. Call Kim or Celeste at 656-7741.
* WAIALUA WRITERS The Waialua Library writers group meets at 11 a.m. on the second Saturday of each month at the library. Call 637-8286.
* BALLET Weinberg Community Center has ballet classes for children (ages 4 to 18) at 67-174 Farrington Hwy. in Waialua. Call 623-9062.
* SUP YOGA Judy Kosaka conducts SUP Yoga (yoga on a stand up paddle board) at 9:30 a.m. Sundays at Anahulu Stream in Haleiwa for $10 per lesson (bring your own board). Other training also is available. Call Aloha SUP Yoga at 627-9444.
* NORTH MARKET The North Shore Country Market runs from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays at Sunset Beach Elementary School, selling Hawaii-made items exclusively. Vendors are welcome. Call 673-3296.
* WAIALUA CO-OP The Waialua Farmers Coop Market sells local produce, plants and more from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Wednesdays and 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays at Waialua Sugar Mill. Call 637-4439.
* WAHIAWA MART A farmers market is open from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. each Thursday in the Wahiawa Hongwanji Mission parking lot at 1067 California Ave. Visit wahiawacdbo.org.
* HALEIWA MART Haleiwa Farmers Market is open from 3 to 7 p.m. each Thursday in the Pikake Pavilion and main lawn at Waimea Valley. Call 388-9696.
* WAIPIO MARKET Kaiser’s Waipio Clinic hosts a “fresh day” market of healthy food and produce from 9 a.m. to noon each Wednesday at 94-1480 Moaniani St. Call 432-2270.
* MILILANI MART Mililani High School hosts a Farmers Market from 8 to 11 a.m. Sundays in the gym parking lot. Call 848-2074.
* CITY MARKETS The People’s Open Market sells produce on Tuesdays from 10 to 11 a.m. at Wahiawa District Park and from 11:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Mililani District Park. Call 522-7088.
* AIKIDO Mililani Aikido Club practices Tuesday and Thursday nights at Mililani District Park gym. Call 623-8937.
* KAHUKU MUSIC Turtle Bay Resort has three venues offering live music and/or hula several weeknights and weekend dates each month. Call 779-5546.
* WAHIAWA MUSIC Kemoo Farms offers live music Friday and Saturday nights at The Pub and Lakeside Lanai. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* GROUP YOGA Judy Kosaka conducts group yoga classes at 7 p.m. Tuesdays in Mililani Rec Center 6 for MTA members ($10) and guests ($11). Call 627-9444 or email email@example.com.
* YOGA North Shore Yoga Co-op has yoga classes for all ages at the Weinberg Community Center in Waialua. Donations are appreciated. Call 561-9639 or visit northshoreyoga.org.
* AEROBIC DANCE Malia Delapenia offers the aerobic dance class, Shimmy Fitness, at 7:15 p.m. Mondays at Mililani Rec Center I for MTA members and the public. Call 234-1006.
* PADDLE FITNESS Rainbow Watersports offers Stand Up Paddle Fitness classes Saturdays at Haleiwa Bay. Call 372-9304.
* HULA Kumu hula Ali’i Manu hula classes for the community at 7 p.m. Tuesdays at Mililani Uka Elementary for men and women ages 15 and up. Call 478-2400.
* ESCRIMA Patrick Delos Santos has Kali Escrima classes in Filipino self-defense (stick fighting) at 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays and 9:30 a.m. Saturdays at Mililani Waena Elementary. Fee is $50 per month. Call 398-0119.