Central Oahu Highlights
Below are highlights of events in Central Oahu. Fax items by Dec. 12 to 585-6324 or email email@example.com. The next edition is Dec. 19.
* WREATHS Wahiawa Botanical Garden has a succulent wreath-making class with Melody Fanning at 10 a.m. Dec. 4. Fee is $20. Call 522-7064.
* PCC CONCERT Amy Hanaialii and Hiikua entertain at a Polynesian Cultural Center dinner concert from 7 to 10 p.m. Dec. 7 at the Gateway venue in Laie. Tickets cost $25, or $15 and $10 for concert only. Call 293-3333.
* WAHIAWA MARCH Wahiawa Community and Business Association sponsors its Wahiawa Town Christmas Parade at 6:30 p.m. Dec. 7, from Kaala Elementary to North Cane and Center streets. Call 621-7097.
* PROPAGATION Wahiawa Botanical Garden has a free class in Plant Propagation Basics at 9 a.m. Dec. 7 with Erin Purple. Call 522-7064.
* STORM RELIEF Mililani High teachers and colleagues man a relief drive for Superstorm Sandy victims during the Mililani High School ABC Craft Fair, set for 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 8 in the gym and parking lot. “Sea2Sea” bracelets are on sale for $5 each. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* MEETING DOGS Hawaii Dog Foundation hosts a “meet and greet” session with its adoptable dogs from noon to 2 p.m. Dec. 8 and 22 at Mililani Mauka Dog Park, 95-1069 Ukuwai St. Call 782-8387.
* BOOSTER FAIR The Mililani High School Athletic Booster Club has a craft fair from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 8 in the gym and courtyard with more than 110 vendors. Email email@example.com.
* GIFT WRAP Local eco-crafter Evelyn Nakamura conducts a class in creating furoshiki (Japanese-style reusable gift wrapping) at 2 p.m. Dec. 8 at Mililani Library. Class is limited to 20 adults, and all craft supplies are provided. Call 627-7470.
* WAIPIO PARADE Gentry Waipio Community Association has its Christmas parade from 10 to 11:30 a.m. Dec. 8, starting and ending at Gentry Waipio Shopping Center. Call 671-2272.
* ALZHEIMER’S Kaiser Permanente conducts a free Senior Summit at 11 a.m. Dec. 10 with a speaker from the Alzheimer’s Association at its Waipio Clinic, 94-1480 Moaniani St. Call 432-2235.
* STORYTIME Mililani Library hosts Preschool Storytime at 10:30 a.m. Dec. 11 and 18, with sings, finger plays and stories for young keiki. Call 627-7470.
* OKINAWA FAIR Hawaii United Okinawa Association presents “An Evening in Waipio” winter craft fair from 5:30 to 9 p.m. Dec. 12 at Hawaii Okinawa Center with 75 vendors, andagi, bentos, Santa photos, a silent auction and prizes. Call 676-5400.
* HALEIWA MARCH The annual Haleiwa Christmas Parade starts at 6 p.m. Dec. 14 at Weed Circle, moving down to Haleiwa Beach Park on Kamehameha Highway on the theme “Great Leadership, Excellent Schools.” The Royal Hawaiian Band will play. Parade sponsor is the North Shore Chamber of Commerce. Call 637-4558.
* LAST FAIR Bigger and Better Fairs presents a Save the Best for Last craft and gift fair from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dec. 15 at Mililani Uka Elementary School with 100 vendors, food trucks and more. Call 234-4044.
* SUNSET FAIR The North Shore Country Market has its annual Holiday Crafts and Hula from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 15 at Sunset Beach Elementary School, featuring made in Hawaii products, crafts, jewelry, food and produce. Call 234-9421.
* KANIKAPILA Waimea Valley hosts a Kanikapila Sunday from 1 to 4 p.m. Dec. 16 in the pavilion area, free to the public. Bring your instruments or just listen. Park admission also is discounted. Call 638-7766.
* NEIGHBORS Mililani Mauka-Launani Valley Neighborhood Board meets at 7 p.m. Dec. 18 at Mililani Mauka Elementary School. Call 768-3710.
* MOON WALK Waimea Valley presents its monthly Moon Walks at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 28. Fee is $5. Call 638-7766.
* POLYNESIA Polynesian Cultural Center offers a “Christmas in Polynesia” canoe ride now through Dec. 21 on the lagoon with lights, decorations and musical performances throughout the park. Call 293-3333.
* KEIKI COUNCIL The Central District North Community Children’s Council meets at 5:30 p.m. on the third Wednesday of the month in Mililani High School Room C101. All parents of children with special needs are welcome. Call 586-5363.
* COMPUTERS A free tutoring service is available on computer basics at Wahiawa Library for seniors or anyone seeking help on using their personal computer. To arrange a convenient time during library hours, call Clark at 622-2784 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* FIT MOMS Stroller-strides offers a fitness program for mothers who can get in shape, accompanied by their young children. Classes are 8:45-10 a.m. Tuesday and Thursday at Central Oahu Regional Park. Call 258-0402 or go to strollerstrides.com.
* ART WALK The monthly Haleiwa Art Walk runs from 5 to 9 p.m. on the last Saturday of each month in Haleiwa town, featuring sales, activities and events hosted by dozens of merchants. Call 637-4558.
* CONSERVATION The Oahu Army Natural Resource Program welcomes volunteers for its service trips and environmental outreach projects in the Waianae and Koolau mountains to control invasive weeds and more. Call Kim or Celeste at 656-7741.
* WAIALUA WRITES The Waialua Library writers group meets at 11 a.m. on the second Saturday of each month at the library. Call 637-8286.
* BALLET Weinberg Community Center has ballet classes for children (ages 4 to 18) at 67-174 Farrington Hwy. in Waialua. Call Kristin Rivers at 623-9062 or email email@example.com.
* SUP YOGA Judy Kosaka conducts SUP Yoga (yoga on a stand up paddle board) at 9:30 a.m. Sundays at Anahulu Stream in Haleiwa for $10 per lesson (bring your own board). Other training also is available. Call Aloha SUP Yoga at 627-9444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* NORTH MARKET The North Shore Country Market runs from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays at Sunset Beach Elementary School, selling Hawaii-made items exclusively. Vendors are welcome. Call 673-3296.
* FARMERS CO-OP The Waialua Farmers Coop Market sells local produce, plants and more from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Wednesdays and 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays at Waialua Sugar Mill. Call 637-4439.
* WAHIAWA MART A farmers market is open from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. each Thursday in the Wahiawa Hongwanji Mission parking lot at 1067 California Ave. Visit wahiawacdbo.org.
* HALEIWA MARKET Haleiwa Farmers Market is open from 3 to 7 p.m. each Thursday in the Pikake Pavilion and main lawn at Waimea Valley. Call 388-9696.
* WAIPIO MARKET Kaiser Waipio Clinic hosts a “fresh day” market of healthy food and produce from 9 a.m. to noon each Wednesday at 94-1480 Moaniani St. Call 432-2270.
* MILILANI MARKET Mililani High School hosts a Farmers Market from 8 to 11 a.m. Sundays in the gym parking lot. Call 848-2074.
* CITY MARKETS The People’s Open Market sells produce on Tuesdays from 10 to 11 a.m. at Wahiawa District Park and from 11:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Mililani District Park. Call 522-7088.
* AIKIDO Mililani Aikido Club practices Tuesday and Thursday nights at Mililani District Park gym. Call 623-8937.
* KAHUKU MUSIC Hang Ten at Turtle Bay Resort has live music from 5 to 8 p.m. several week-nights and weekend dates each month. Call 779-5546.
* GROUP YOGA Judy Kosaka conducts group yoga classes at 7 p.m. Tuesdays in Mililani Rec Center 6 for MTA members ($10) and guests ($11). Call 627-9444 or email email@example.com.
* YOGA North Shore Yoga Co-op has yoga classes for all ages at the Weinberg Community Center in Waialua. Donations are appreciated. Call 561-9639 or go to northshoreyoga.org.
* AEROBIC DANCE Malia Delapenia offers the aerobic dance class, Shimmy Fitness, at 7:15 p.m. Mondays at Mililani Rec Center I for MTA members and the public. Call 234-1006.
* PADDLE FITNESS Rainbow Watersports offers Stand Up Paddle Fitness classes Saturdays at Haleiwa Bay. Call 372-9304.
* HULA Kumu hula Ali’i Manu conducts non-competitive hula classes (auana, kahiko and the aloha spirit) for the community at 7 p.m. Tuesdays at Mililani Uka Elementary School. Men and women ages 15 and up are welcome. Call 478-2400.
* ESCRIMA Patrick Delos Santos offers Kali Escrima classes in Filipino self-defense (stick fighting) at 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays and 9:30 a.m. Saturdays at Mililani Waena Elementary School. Fee is $50 per month. Call 398-0119.