Central Oahu Highlights
Below are highlights of what’s happening in Central Oahu. Fax items by March 21 to 585-6324 or email email@example.com. The next edition comes out March 28.
* BLOOD DRIVES Hawaii Blood Bank has donor drives from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 17 at Mililani Town Center, 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. March 30 at Wahiawa General Hospital, and 7 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. March 31 at Mililani Town Center. Call 845-9966.
* KANIKAPILA Waimea Valley hosts a kanikapila from 1 to 4 p.m. March 18 and the third Sunday of each month in the park pavilion. Call 638-7766.
* FILM NIGHTS Turtle Bay Resort’s Surfer the Bar screens the film Pidgin: The Voice of Hawaii with director Marlene Booth at 7 p.m. March 18 and Fiberglass & Megapixels with Derek Hoffmann Swarms March 25. Admission is $10, $8 and $5. Call 436-4326.
* NEIGHBORS Wahiawa Neighborhood Board meets at 7 p.m. March 19 at Helemano Elementary cafeteria in Whitmore Village, the Mililani MaukaLaunani Valley board meets at 7 p.m. March 20 at Mililani Mauka Elementary, North Shore meets at 7 p.m. March 27 at Haleiwa Elementary, and MililaniWaipio-Melemanu meets at 7 p.m. March 28 at Mililani Rec Center III. For updates, call 768-3710.
* OSHIRO FORUM State Rep. Marcus Oshiro hosts a mid-session forum from 6 to 8:30 p.m. March 21 in the Hale Koa Room at Wahiawa District Park. Call 586-6200.
* CAR SEAT SAFETY Kaiser Permanente offers free child car and booster seat inspections from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. March 23 at its Waipio clinic, 94-1480 Moaniani St. Call 432-2260.
* MEETING DOGS Hawaii Dog Foundation hosts a “meet and greet” session with its adoptable dogs from noon to 2 p.m. March 24 at Mililani Mauka Dog Park, 95-1069 Ukuwai St. Call 782-8387.
* FUN FAIR Sunset Beach Elementary has a fun fair from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. March 24, offering some “awesome” games. Call 638-8777.
* RUMOURS Waialua High’s Parent Boosters sponsor a 2012 Project Grad benefit from 3 to 8 p.m. March 25 at Rumours Nightclub, featuring food, fun, dancing and door prizes, plus music by B.E.T. and Kawao. Admission is $20 or $15 at the door. Call Sharlynn at 927-0837.
* JAPAN KOKUA Wahiawa citizens mount their second gala benefit for Japan from 6 to 9 p.m. March 25 at Dot’s Res-taurant, featuring dinner, cultural entertainment and more. Tickets cost $50 and seating is limited. Last year’s effort raised $30,000, delivered personally by area volunteers. Call 622-4115 or 291-6151.
* ART WALK The Haleiwa Art Walk runs from 5 to 9 p.m. March 31 in the town with sales and activities hosted by dozens of artists and shops. Call 637-4558.
* CHURCH FILM Lahaina Gospel Fellowship hosts its first Movie Night from 6 to 9 p.m. March 31 at Kipapa Elementary cafeteria, featuring Courageous. Refreshments are planned and everyone is welcome. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* FOOTBALL HELP Mililani Football Association seeks volunteer head coaches for football and cheerleading for the 2012 Pop Warner season. Experience is preferred. Player registration for ages 7 to 15 begins in April, and the season kicks off in August. For a coaching interview, call 622-2056.