Central Oahu Highlights
Below are highlights of what’s happening in Central Oahu. Fax items by Oct. 31 to 585-6324 or email email@example.com. The next edition is Nov. 7.
* COMPUTERS A free tutoring service is available on computer basics at Wahiawa Library for seniors or anyone seeking help with their personal computer. To arrange a time during library hours, call Clark at 622-2784 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* HAUNTED LAGOON Polynesian Cultural Center has its annual Haunted Lagoon rides in double-hulled canoes, departing at 6:30 p.m. Oct. 22-31. Kamaaina tickets cost $19.50 and $14.50. Call 293-3333.
* NEIGHBORS North Shore Neighborhood Board meets at 7 p.m. Oct. 23 at Haleiwa Elementary cafeteria, and Mililani-WaipioMelemanu meets at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 24 at Mililani Rec Center III. Call 768-3710.
* ORCHIDS Wahiawa Botanical Garden has a free class in Orchid Basics with Scot Mitamura at 9:30 a.m. Oct. 25. Call 522-7064.
* BYUH MARKET BYU-Hawaii has a farmers market from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 26 and every other Friday in the Aloha Center. Call 675-3570.
* MOON WALK Waimea Valley presents its monthly Moon Walk at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 26. Fee is $5. Call 638-7766.
* HAUNTED HOUSE The Nakamura ohana has its annual haunted house from 6:30 to 9 p.m. Oct. 26, 27 and 31 at 94-396 Hokuili St., featuring the famous Purple People Eater. Call 623-6308.
* MEETING DOGS Hawaii Dog Foundation hosts a “meet and greet” with its adoptable dogs from noon to 2 p.m. Oct. 27 at Mililani Mauka Dog Park, 95-1069 Ukuwai St. Call 782-8387.
* HALLOWEEN FUN Wahiawa Town Center and Wahiawa Shopping Center host a Halloween Festival of Fun from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 27 with free activities, costume contests, make-and-take crafts, balloons and a magic show (at 12:30 p.m.). Call 221-2774.
* SHOPPING SPREE Mililani’s Early Bird Shopping Spree craft and gift fair is open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 27 at Mililani Uku Elementary School, 94-380 Kuahelani Ave. Call 234-4044.
* ART WALK The Haleiwa Art Walk is open from 5 to 9 p.m. Oct. 27 in Haleiwa, featuring sales, activities and events hosted by dozens of artists and merchants. Call 637-4558.
* DANCE OF DEAD Pabst Blue Ribbon presents “Dance of the Dead” during a Halloween party Oct. 27 at Breakers Bar and Grill at North Shore Marketplace with costumes and DJ Gabstop. Call 637-9898.
* NODDAH TIME The Friends of Wahiawa Library presents “Once Upon Wan Noddah Time in Wahiawa” from noon to 3 p.m. Oct. 27 at Wahiawa Botanical Garden, featuring costumed storybook characters throughout the park, plus a costume contest with prizes. Call 621-0043.
* SPOOKTACULAR Mililani Town Center hosts its Halloween Spooktacular from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 27, with costume contests, games, arts and crafts, food, prizes, a deejay, emcee and Bungie the Clown. Register keiki, teen and pet costume entries at 11:45 a.m. Call 625-0108.
* FALL CARNIVAL Mililani Baptist Church has its fall carnival from 6 to 8 p.m. Oct. 31 at 94-293 Anania Drive with free Halloween alternatives such as pony rides, bouncers, games, favorite snacks, balloon animals, tattoos, candy and activities for toddlers through fifth-graders. No scary or inappropriate costumes are allowed. Call 693-5441.
* SPOOKY MILILANI Mililani Shopping Center hosts trick-or-treaters and a costume contest with prizes from 5 to 7 p.m. Oct. 31. Call 753-7507.
* FAMILY NIGHT Praise Chapel Christian Fellowship has its first Family Fun Night and Community Talent Show from 6 to 8 p.m. Oct. 31 at 1203 Whitmore Ave. #D, next to Whitmore Store, with slam poetry by #SWAG, music, entertainment, games, candy, prizes and food. For talent entries, call 589-7461.
* SAFE TREATS Mililani Town Center provides safe trick-or-treating from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Oct. 31 with free candy and a Keiki Haunted House at Bikewerx. Call 625-0108.
* HEALTH FAIR Wahiawa Hongwanji Mission at 1067 California Ave. has its annual Central Oahu Health Fair from 9 a.m. to noon Nov. 3 at its social hall, with health screenings and flu shots. Call 754-8137.
* ARBOR DAY Waimea Valley has a plant sale and the HECO-sponsored Arbor Day tree giveaway from 9 a.m. Nov. 3 while supplies last. Call 638-7766.
* DIABETES WALK The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation conducts its 19th annual “Walk to Cure Diabetes” at 7:30 a.m. Nov. 3 at Central Oahu Regional Park. To join the team, call 988-1000 or visit jdrfhawaii.org.
* CRAFT FAIR Leilehua Project Grad 2013′s Holiday Craft Fair is open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 3 in the cafeteria with gifts, crafts, a farmers market, air riflery, archery, entertainment and door prizes. Call 478-5873.
* HEALING DOG Mililani Library presents Tucker, the Healing Superdog at 2 p.m. Nov. 3 in the Quiet Room, accompanied by Dr. Wendi Hirsch of Kapiolani Medical Center. Call 627-7470.
* BANDSTAND MUSIC Waialua Bandstand features a free concert by the U.S. Navy Pacific Fleet Band Dixie Express at 4 p.m. Nov. 4, courtesy Vans Triple Crown of Surfing. Call 637-9721.
* WRITERS CLUB The Waialua Library writers group meets at 11 a.m. Nov. 10 at the library. Call 637-8286.
* VETERANS MARCH The Wahiawa Lions Club sponsors its annual Veterans Day Parade at 10 a.m. Nov. 12, moving up California Avenue from Kaala Elementary School to Wahiawa District Park. Call 258-3577.
* DOG TRAINING Ted Ketcham of Leeward Training Club of Hawaii gives tips on “how to teach a dog to be good” at 6 p.m. Nov. 14 at Mililani Library. Call 627-7470.
FALL SPECIAL 50% DISCOUNT 10 Zumba classes for $50.00 Drop in class fee Special $6.00