Birthing Center Tells You How
New and expecting parents can learn just what to expect and how to respond to it during a series of classes this month at Castle Medical Center.
The classes are offered to the public periodically by the hospital’s Birthing Center with varying fees and number of sessions.
To register or for more details, go to castlemed.org or call 263-5400.
Free hospital tours are ongoing; a free New Mothers Hui meets at 10:30 a.m. Wednesdays.
* Healthy Pregnancy – 6 p.m. Aug. 15 in the Ohana Room. A free class on prenatal nutrition, exercises and more for expectant parents
* General Newborn Care – 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Aug. 21; fee $25 for two. Learn how to detect illness, take temperatures, tips on crying and bathing
* Lamaze Prepared Childbirth – Six weekly classes from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. starting Aug. 20, or 9 a.m. to noon Aug. 26; fee $75 or $65 if delivering at CMC. Course including body conditioning, breathing, relaxing techniques, labor and delivery, post-partum care, medications, feeding
* The Bradley Method – 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. for 12 weeks starting Aug. 27; fee $300 for two. Comprehensive course in labor and delivery.
* Infant CPR and Safety – 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Aug. 28, fee $15 per person. All potential childcare providers welcome to learn basic life support and making home childproof
* Breastfeeding – 6 to 8:30 p.m. Aug. 29; fee $25 or free with any childbirth class
* Giving Birth, The Castle Experience – 6 to 8 p.m. for four weeks starting Sept. 6; fee $30 per person, $50 per couple. Specifically for couples (especially in third trimester) who will give birth at CMC.